☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1 call purpose flour
1 coat bran
1 cbrown sugar, firmly packed
1 tspbaking soda
1 csour milk
1egg, well beaten
1/2 craisins (optional)
1/2 cwalnuts (optional)
1/2 cchopped dates (optional)
How to Make Bran Gems
- Mix all dry ingredients together - except the baking soda - in a large bowl.
- Dissolve the soda in sour milk. (Sour the milk with 1/4 to 1/2 tsp of lemon juice or vinegar.)
- Add milk and beaten egg to the flour mixture and combine gently.
- Mix in raisins and nuts, if desired, or add 1/2 cup chopped dates.
- Fill greased muffin tin cups two-thirds full or use paper liners.
- Bake in pre-heated 425 F. degree oven for 12 to 15 minutes.
If using the mini-muffin tin, check for doneness after 7-8 minutes.