Blueberry Lemon Muffins
- 1 c
- fresh or frozen blueberries, thawed rinsed and dried
- 2 c
- flour (plus an extra 2 t. )
- 3 tsp
- baking powder
- 1/2 tsp
- 1/4 tsp
- 3/4 c
- baking splenda or granulated sugar
- zest of 1 lemon (roughly 2 t.)
- 1 large
- 1/4 c
- vegetable oil
- 1 1/4 c
How to Make Blueberry Lemon Muffins
- 1Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Either line muffin tin with paper cups or spray tin with nonstick spray.
- 2In a small bowl, combine blueberries and 2 T. flour; toss until coated. Set aside.
- 3In a separate bowl, combine remaining flour, baking powder, salt, nutmeg and Splenda (or sugar); stir with a fork until well blended. Sprinkle with lemon zest.
- 4In a separate bowl, beat egg, oil and milk together. Add to flour mixture and stir just until moistened. Fold in berries.
- 5Spoon batter into prepared muffin tin. Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes.