Blueberry Banana Bread
And yes, that rhyming was accidental...and then on purpose. :D
- 1/2 c
- light brown sugar
- 1 c
- brummel and brown butter substitute
- 2 Tbsp
- agave nectar
- 5 medium
- 1 1/3 c
- blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- 2/3 c
- yucca root, boiled (optional)
- 4 large
- eggs, beaten
- 2 c
- whole wheat flour
- 1/2 c
- rolled oats, toasted
- 2/3 c
- hazelnut pieces, or whatever nuts you have around (optional)
- 1 tsp
- salt substitute (i flavor mine with orange extract)
- 2 tsp
- baking soda
- 1 Tbsp
- oriental 5 spice
- 1/4 tsp
- allspice, ground
- 1/2 tsp
- cinnamon, ground
How to Make Blueberry Banana Bread
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (325 if using glass). Grease and flour a 9X13 pan.
- 2Boil yucca root until soft. Break into small pieces and put into a medium/large bowl. (optional)
- 3Peel bananas, tear into small pieces and put into the bowl with the yucca root. Add the blueberries. Sprinkle about one tablespoon of the brown sugar, spices and the salt over the mixture and stir gently. Put this aside while you make the recipe to allow liquid to form around the mix.
- 4In a dry pan, toast the nuts and oats until a bit brown on medium heat, about 3-5 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- 5Crack 4 eggs in small bowl and beat them until creamy and foamy. Set aside.
- 6Put the Brummel and Brown, remaining brown sugar and agave in another medium/large bowl. Cream together with a hand mixer for about a minute. Add the beaten eggs while continuing to mix until well incorporated.
- 7Mash the banana mixture until any large chunks are broken up.
- 8Add the fruit mix, the flour, salt, baking soda, warm nuts and oats to the egg mix and fold with a wooden spoon until just mixed. Do not over-mix.
Note: You can mix the dry ingredients together first before mixing with wet if you want
- 9Pour into greased/floured 9X13 pan and bake for 50 - 60 minutes at 350 degrees F.