Best Blueberry Muffins
- 6 c
- 1 3/4 c
- 8 tsp
- baking powder
- 2 tsp
- 1 c
- cooking oil
- 1 1/2 c
- 1 tsp
- almond extract
- 4 c
- frozen or fresh blueberries (preferrably wymans frozen)
- 1/3 c
- sugar, more or less for muffin tops
How to Make Best Blueberry Muffins
- 1Mix all dry ingredients together with whisk. Mix well. Mixture will be"heavier" to whisk when it is mixed well.
- 2Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients.
- 3Add oil, milk, lightly beaten eggs and almond extract. Carefully mix until all is just moistened. DON'T overstir.
- 4Fold in the bluberries. then scoop into muffin tins with cup liners. Either 24 regular size or 12 Texas Style.
- 5Top each muffin with sugar just before putting in to bake. As desired. I use agenerous amount and the result is great muffin tops.
- 6Place in preheated 375* oven for 35 min. or until golden brown. Oven times may vary.
- 7Remove from oven and let cool(if you can)10 minutes, then remove from pans and enjoy!