Autumn Spiced Bran Muffins
1 cwheat bran
1/3 cblack raisins
1/3 cblackstrap molasses
1 1/4 cmilk
1/2 tspkosher salt
1 1/4 tspbaking soda
1 1/4 tspbaking powder
1 tsppumpkin pie spice
1 largeegg, beaten
1/3 ccooking oil
How to Make Autumn Spiced Bran Muffins
- Grease a muffin tin or spray with non-stick spray. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Place bran, raisins, molasses, and milk in a large bowl. Stir to mix and let set for 15 minutes or so.
- Measure flour, sugar, salt, baking soda, baking powder, and spice in a medium bowl. Mix well with a fork.
- Beat egg in a small bowl.
- Measure cooking oil in a measure cup. Measure vanilla in a little ramekin.
- Add dry ingredients, beaten egg, oil, and vanilla all at once to large bowl with the soaked bran. Stir just until mixed.
- Fill muffin tin. Batter should be to the top.
- Bake 18 minutes. Test with a pick. Remove from tin immediately and cool on a rack.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.