6-week Bran Muffins
i have several recipes, that calls for melted shortening, cooled. and this does make a difference........crisco
- 5 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 cups bran flakes cereal
- 3 cups white sugar
- 5 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup melted shortening, cooled
- 4 cups buttermilk
How to Make 6-week Bran Muffins
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
In a large mixing bowl, sift flour. Add the cereal, sugar, baking soda and salt; stir to combine.
- 2Add eggs, shortening and buttermilk; mix well.
Cover bowl and store batter in refrigerator for at least 24 hours before using. Batter will keep in the refrigerator for up to 6 weeks. Batter should remain covered and should not be stirred.
- 3Scoop batter into lined or lightly greased muffin cups, filling each cup 2/3 full. Bake at 400 degrees F for 15
to 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean.