VERY LOW CARB FLAX FOCCACIA STYLE BREAD
- 2 c
- golden flax seed meal
- 1 Tbsp
- baking powder
- 1 tsp
- sea salt
- 1-2 Tbsp
- tablespoons sugar equivalent from artificial sweetener
- 5 large
- eggs well beaten
- 1/2 c
- 1/3 c
- oil(i read that many people used coconut oil with great success but i use canola)
How to Make VERY LOW CARB FLAX FOCCACIA STYLE BREAD
- 1Preheat oven to 350 F. Prepare pan (a 10X15 pan with sides works best) with oiled parchment paper or a silicone mat.
- 2Mix dry ingredients well with a fork or whisk.
- 3Mix wet ingredients well with fork or whisk.
- 4Add wet to dry, and combine well(making sure there aren't obvious strings of egg white hanging out in the batter).
- 5Let batter set for 2 to 3 minutes to thicken up a bit(leave it too long and it gets past the point where it's easy to spread.).
- 6Pour batter onto pan. Because it's going to tend to mound in the middle, you'll get a more even thickness if you spread it away from the center somewhat, in roughly a rectangle an inch or two from the sides of the pan (you can go all the way to the edge, but it will be thinner).
- 7Bake for about 15- 20 minutes, until it springs back when you touch the top and/or is visibly browning even more than flax already is.
- 8Cool and cut into whatever size slices you want. You don't need a sharp knife; I usually just cut it with a spatula.
- 9Each of 12 servings has less than a gram of effective carbohydrate (.7 grams to be exact) plus 5 grams fiber, 6 grams protein, and 185 calories.