VERY LOW CARB FLAX FOCCACIA STYLE BREAD
2 cgolden flax seed meal
1 Tbspbaking powder
1 tspsea salt
1-2 Tbsptablespoons sugar equivalent from artificial sweetener
5 largeeggs well beaten
1/3 coil(i read that many people used coconut oil with great success but i use canola)
How to Make VERY LOW CARB FLAX FOCCACIA STYLE BREAD
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Prepare pan (a 10X15 pan with sides works best) with oiled parchment paper or a silicone mat.
- Mix dry ingredients well with a fork or whisk.
- Mix wet ingredients well with fork or whisk.
- Add wet to dry, and combine well(making sure there aren't obvious strings of egg white hanging out in the batter).
- Let batter set for 2 to 3 minutes to thicken up a bit(leave it too long and it gets past the point where it's easy to spread.).
- Pour batter onto pan. Because it's going to tend to mound in the middle, you'll get a more even thickness if you spread it away from the center somewhat, in roughly a rectangle an inch or two from the sides of the pan (you can go all the way to the edge, but it will be thinner).
- Bake for about 15- 20 minutes, until it springs back when you touch the top and/or is visibly browning even more than flax already is.
- Cool and cut into whatever size slices you want. You don't need a sharp knife; I usually just cut it with a spatula.
- Each of 12 servings has less than a gram of effective carbohydrate (.7 grams to be exact) plus 5 grams fiber, 6 grams protein, and 185 calories.