- 1 1/2 Tbsp
- rapid rise yeast
- 1 tsp
- 2 Tbsp
- olive oil, plus extra for oiling
- 1 c
- warm water
- 2 3/4 c
- bread flour
2. Sift the flour into a bowl and add the sugar, salt, and pepper. Then make a well in the center.
3. Pour the yeast, water, and oil into the well. Use your hands to mix everything together.
4. Sprinkle flour over a clean work surface. Then knead the dough for 8 minutes, until it is smooth and elastic.
5. Oil a large bowl, put in the dough, and cover with plastic wrap. Leave in a warm place until the dough has doubled in size.
6. Is it ready? Poke holes in the dough. If the holes stay, it's ready. Punch down with your fists and place on a floured surface.
7. Knead the dough again. Then cut it into four equal pieces. Roll each piece into a 7" (18-cm) circle and place on a baking sheet.
8. Preheat the oven to 425F. Top as desired and bake for 12 minutes.