Pita Pocket Bread
How to Make Pita Pocket Bread
- put 2 cups flour, yeast, sugar and salt in bowl. Mix
- heat water and oil until warm and add to flour and mix with fork.
- mix with mixer on low until moist. then mix on medium speed for 3 minutes.
- add remaining flour by hand until there is a firm dough. knead for 10 minutes.
- cover with plastic wrap and towel. let rest for 20 minutes.
- punch it down and divide into 12 parts. shape each into smooth balls.
- let rise for 30 minutes
- with dusted rolling pin, roll each into 6 inch circles.
- baking 3 at a time, place directly on rack of 500 degree oven. bake 3 minutes.
- when puffed up and just beginning to brown, remove from oven. cool and enjoy.
- I have used half whole wheat flour before.