Homemade Honey-Whole Wheat Tortillas
- 2 c
- white whole wheat flour
- 2 tsp
- baking powder
- 1/2 tsp
- 1/4 c
- coconut oil or olive oil(for this recipe i use the refined coconut oil or the light tasting olive oil)
- 2 Tbsp
- 1 c
- hot water
How to Make Homemade Honey-Whole Wheat Tortillas
- 1Combine the flour, baking powder and salt.
- 2Cut in the coconut oil, OR stir in the olive oil(I do this in the food processor, but you can also do it by hand.)
- 3Add the honey to the hot water and stir to combine. Gradually add this to the flour while the food processor is running(or by hand). Process, or stir until combined and knead a few times. If dough is too wet, add a little more flour. You want a nice dough that comes together in a ball but is still soft.
- 4Cover the dough and let it rest for 10-15 min. Divide dough into 16 pieces and roll in balls. Roll out fairly thin into 6 in. rounds.
- 5In a small skillet or on a griddle that has been heated to medium heat, cook the tortillas for 30 seconds to a minute, until you start to see the surface bubbling up. Flip it and cook the other side. Keep warm in a towel while you finish all of the tortillas. (I use a flat griddle and cook 2 or 3 at a time.)