Focaccia Bread, So Yummy!!
Shawn A Reed
This is not the focaccia bread in the pic it is my ciabatta bread, I didnt have a pic of the focaccia yet :( I will post one as soon as I make it again
- 4-4 1/4 c
- 1/2 c
- water, warm
- 1 tsp
- active dry yeast
- 1 c
- water, warm
- 2 tsp
- 1 Tbsp
- olive oil, extra virgin
- coarse sea salt
How to Make Focaccia Bread, So Yummy!!
- 1You will need to make the sponge first, in a bowl combine 1/2 cup flour and 1/2 cup warm water and yeast mix until smooth a and cover and let stand over night at room temp.
- 2Next day, slowly add 1 cup a warm water and 2 tsp of salt and add just enough flour to make a dough when the dough starts to pull away from the sides of the bowl, turn out onto a floured surface knead in enough of the remaining flour to make a stiff dough that is smooth and elastic around 10 minutes. Place dough in a greased bowl and cover, let rise in a warm place until double.
- 3Turn dough out onto a floured baking sheet place the bowl over top of the dough and let rest for 30 minutes
- 4While dough is resting pre heat oven to 475
- 5Shape dough into a circle around 10 or 11 inches, use your finger tips lightly not to over stretch or deflate dough
- 6Make 1/2 inch indentations every 2 inches, brush with olive oil and sprinkle with coarse salt
- 7Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown.