but you can use your bread maker to mix all the ingredients or the dough hook on your mixer.
It is just like making bread dough
How to Make Flour Tortillas
- 11. Mix dry ingredients together
- 22. Then add shortening (I prefer Crisco). You can mix with your hand or use a pie crust cutter. mix well.
- 33. make a well and pour water slowly mix with a large spoon. or use your dough hook.
- 44. Mix till you have a nice smooth ball of dough. Just like when making Bread dough.
- 55. I let your dough rest for maybe 3 to 5 minutes. while you are waiting. heat up your flat grill or cast iron skillet on med. heat
- 66. next make small dough balls about 2 or 3 inches.
roll out your dough to about 5 to 7 inches.
Just depend on how thick or thin you like your tortillas
- 77. when roll out place on hot grill. less than a minute on each side.
- 8if you need more instructions feel free to email. me.