- 8 oz
- frozen pizza dough, thawed
- 4 Tbsp
- garlic flavored olive oil
- 2/3 c
- fresh ricotta cheese
- 1/2 tsp
- finely chopped rosemary plusmore for garnish
- kosher salt an freshly cracked lack pepper,to taste
- fresh or dried figs, quartered lenghtwise through the stem
How to Make fig and rosemary flatbread
- 1preheat oven to450degrees f, press the dough into a lrg rectangle on a work surface with your hands. lift the dough an hold it by the top edge, allowing the weight of the dough to begin stretching it. run your hands around the square as if you are turning a steering wheel, letting the dough waight stretch itself. continue stretching the dough in the air or by pressing on the work surface until it is very thin, transfer to a rimless baking sheet or the inverted side of a rimmed sheet pan an continue pressing an stretching until the dough is roughly a 9 times 15-inch rectangle, about1/8-inch thick. the dough may stick to the sheet pan, but it will help the flatbread keep its shape while it bakes.
- 2brush the surface of the dough with 2 to3 tablespoons garlic olive oil an prick it all over with a fork. in a small bowl, mix the ricotta, chopped rosemary, an 1/2 teaspoon garlic olive oil until combined; season with salt an pepper an mix well.with a small spatulaor spoon, spread a thin, even layer of the ricotta cheese over the surface of the dough, leaving a 1/4-inch border. scatter the quartered figs evenly on the surface, transfer the flatbread to the oven an bake until edges are golden brown an dough is crisp, 15 to 18 min.
- 3remove from the oven an carefully run a thin icing spatula under the flatbread to release it from the pan if stuck. transfer to a cutting board cut into squares or rectangles. drizzle with a little garlic oive oil, an sprincle more rosemary on top. serve