3 Kiddos Favorite "Dessert" Quesadillas
- package whole wheat flatout "fold-it" bread
- 8-oz. tub "mixed berry" spreadable cream cheese
- 1 or 2
- cups fresh blueberries
- cinnamon & powdered sugar
How to Make 3 Kiddos Favorite "Dessert" Quesadillas
- 1Wash blueberries; drain/dry/set aside. Any fresh berry or fresh fruit will work...you may have to slice/dice larger fruit; not too thick in order for even heating, w/out burning outside of quesadilla.
- 2Spread layer of cream cheese over one entire side of the flatbread. Pita Pockets, Tortillas, etc. are great to use, also, any spreadable cream cheese flavor [plain or otherwise] works!
- 3Place however many berries you want onto one half of the flatbread...then "fold-it" and slighty press down w/palm of hand [or wide spatula]. The girls really loved this whole part of the recipe!
- 4Grill on pre-heated/medium heated stove-top cast iron griddle [or whatever you use for making quesadillas/grilled cheese sandwiches] 'til cheese has melted around the berries/fruit or 'til outside is golden/a slight bit crisp. You might want to use canola baking spray on the griddle [or pan that you use].
- 5After quesadillas have been grilled, place them on a platter and lightly sprinkle small amount of cinnamon/powdered sugar mixture over top side ...or as w/my Little Gals, they wanted to dip into a very small amount, on a plate of their own.