3 Kiddos Favorite "Dessert" Quesadillas
★★★★★ 1 vote5
1package whole wheat Flatout "fold-it" bread
1tub "mixed berry" spreadable cream cheese, 8 oz
1 or 2cups fresh blueberries
1/2 cgranulated sugar
How to Make 3 Kiddos Favorite "Dessert" Quesadillas
- Wash blueberries; drain/dry/set aside. Any fresh berry or fresh fruit will work... you may have to slice/dice larger fruit; not too thick in order for even heating, without burning outside of quesadilla.
- Spread layer of cream cheese over one entire side of the flatbread. Pita pockets, tortillas, etc. are great to use. Also, any spreadable cream cheese flavor [plain or otherwise] works!
- Place however many berries you want onto one half of the flatbread.
- Then "fold-it" and slightly press down w/palm of hand [or wide spatula]. The girls really loved this whole part of the recipe!
- Add a little canola baking spray on the griddle [or pan that you use]. Grill on pre-heated/medium heated stove-top cast iron griddle [or whatever you use for making quesadillas/grilled cheese sandwiches] until cheese has melted around the berries/fruit or until outside is golden/a slight bit crisp.
- After quesadillas have been grilled, place them on a platter and lightly sprinkle a small amount of cinnamon/sugar mixture over the top side .... or as w/my little gals, they wanted to dip into a very small amount on a plate of their own.