3/4 clukewarm milk (110º)
1/2 clukewarm heavy cream
2 Tbspsoftened butter
1/2 tsprum extract (optional)
1 craisins presoaked***(see below for instructions)
1/2 cfinely chopped pecans presoaked***
3 cwhite bread flour
1 Tbspbrown sugar
1/2 tspground cinnamon
2 tsprapid rise yeast (1 pkg)
How to Make TIPSY RAISIN BREAD (SALLYE)
- ***PRESOAK RAISINS & NUTS. Place raisins and nuts in small bowl and pour just enough spicy or dark rum in to cover them. Store overnight in fridge to give time for absorption of rum. When ready to use, transfer to sieve and drain well before adding to bread mixture.
- IMPORTANT: ADD ITEMS TO BREAD PAN IN THE EXACT ORDER LISTED.
- Lightly whisk the milk and heavy cream together and pourinto bread pan
Cut butter into 4 pieces and add to milk
Add well drained raisins and pecans to mixture
Add rum extract (optional)
- Carefully add the flour to the bread pan, making sure that all liquid is completely covered
Add brown sugar, cinnamon, and salt
Make small depression in middle of flour and pour yeast into it.
- Turn bread machine to basic, medium dark cycle.
- Can be served as a breakfast bread, snack or dessert.
Great when slathered with honey butter.