Southern Style Cornbread
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1 1/2 clow fat milk
1/2 clight cream
5 Tbspbutter, melted & cooled
3 cstone ground cornmeal
2 tspbaking powder
1 can(s)corn, drained
How to Make Southern Style Cornbread
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- In a bowl whisk together the milk, cream, eggs and butter until well combined.
- In another bowl mix together the cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and pepper.
- Add the dry ingredients into the wet mixture until mostly combined.
- Stir in the can of corn until evenly combined.
- Prepare a 9x13 baking dish with a little non stick spray. Pour the cornbread mixture into the pan and bake for approx 45 minutes. It should be lightly golden around the edges and if a toothpick inserted it should come out clean.