Orange Date Nut Bread by Deedee Robertson
3 csifted flour
1 1/2 tspbaking soda
1/4 corange juice
1 largeorange rind
1 cchopped nuts
1 cchopped dates
1/4 cchopped nuts for top
How to Make Orange Date Nut Bread by Deedee Robertson
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- in a large bowl, cream sugar and butter .
- Add eggs one at at time, beating after ea. blend flour, salt, baking soda, sift together.
- Add buttermilk and orange juice alternately to egg mixture.
- Fold in orange rind, nuts and daters which have been dredged w/flour to the batter.
- pour into greased and floured pan, making one angel cake pan or 2 loaf pans.
- bake at 350 for 1 hour.
- remove from the oven. Let cool for 20 min. and turn out on rack
- while still warm, pour a glaze of 1 grated orange rind, 1 c. sugar, 1c. orange juice heated until sugar dissolves, over cakes top and sides.