MIMI'S BANANA BREAKFAST BARS
3/4 cbutter, softened
1/2 cfirmly packed brown sugar
4 cquick cooking oats, uncooked
1-1/2 cmashed very ripe bananas (about 3 large)
1/2 tspsea or kosher salt
1/2 tspground cinnamon
1/2 cchopped pecans
1/2 cgolden raisins
1/4 cchopped dried apricots
How to Make MIMI'S BANANA BREAKFAST BARS
- Preheat the oven to 350F (325F if using a dark colored pan).
- Line a 13"X9"X2" baking pan with aluminum foil, putting the shiny side up. Make sure the foil hangs over the sides of the pan. Spray the foil with Pam. (May also just lightly spray the pan with Pam)
- Add the egg, beating until incorporated.
- Add the oats, bananas, salt and cinnamon and beat until well combined.
- With a wooden spoon, stir in the pecans, raisins and apricots until blended.
- Spoon the batter evenly in the prepared baking pan. This batter is very thick and stiff.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 40 minutes (less if baking in a dark colored pan).
- Watch carefully and DO NOT OVER BAKE! Check at 30 minutes.
- If you have lined the pan with foil, lift the bars out by the overhangs and place on a wire rack to cool. If you have simply sprayed the pan with Pam, allow the bars to cool in the pan.