Lembas Bread (Lord of the Rings “authentic” Elvish
How to Make Lembas Bread (Lord of the Rings “authentic” Elvish
- 1Preheat oven to 425F. Mix the flour, baking powder and salt into a large bowl. Add the butter and mix with a well till fine granules (easiest way is with an electric mixer). Then add the sugar and cinnamon, and mix them thoroughly.
- 2Finally add the cream, honey, and vanilla and stir them in with a fork until a nice, thick dough forms.
- 3Roll the dough out about 1/2 in thickness. Cut out 3-inch squares and transfer the dough to a cookie sheet.Criss-cross each square from corner-to-corner with a knife, lightly (not cutting through the dough).
- 4Bake for about 12 minutes or more (depending on the thickness of the bread) until it is set and lightly golden.
- 5Let cool completely before eating, this bread tastes better room temperature and dry. Also for more flavor you can add more cinnamon or other spices