Hootanholler Whiskey Cake
These little cakes can be made in decorative Christmas loaf pans and given as Holiday gifts; they ship well and last forever.
NOTE: I did find this recipe a short time ago in a cookbook "For Woman Who Hate To Cook"
1 cgranulated sugar
1 call purpose flour
1/2 tspbaking powder
1/4 tspbaking soda
1 lbseedless raisins
2 cchopped pecans
1/4 cbourbon whiskey
How to Make Hootanholler Whiskey Cake
- Have all ingredients at room temperature.
- Cream butter and sugar, add beaten eggs. Sift together, flour, baking powder, salt, and nutmeg and add.
- Add Milk.
- Mix baking soda and molasses, add next raisins nuts and whiskey. Pour into a greased and floured baking (bread) pan and bake for 2 hours at 300 degrees.
- NOTE: This keeps indefinitely wrapped in foil. If it should get dry, stab with toothpick and add more whisky.
- NOTE: This makes 4 small or 2 bigger loaves. Adjust time for smaller. ENJOY!!!!