Better Butter Bread/Yummy Yeast Roll-Bread Machine
When baked as Yeast Rolls it has been judged as good or better than Golden Corral Yeast Rolls.
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 1/4 c
- water, warm
- 1 1/2 tsp
- active dry yeast (or 1 packet)
- 1/3 c
- 1 c
- milk, warm
- 1 stick
- butter, room temperature; margarine not recommended - too oily, if using margarine cut back to 1/3 cup, room temperature
- egg for sweet, 2 eggs for savory
- 4 1/2 c
- all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp
How to Make Better Butter Bread/Yummy Yeast Roll-Bread Machine
- 1(optional - for fluffier bread) stir yeast into water until it dissolves, stir in 1 tsp sugar, let stand until yeast activates and makes a layer of foam on top of water
- 2add ingredients, in order listed, to bread machine
- 3If baking in Bread Machine, set to 2 1/2 lb Basic Bread setting & set crust darkness to your preference. (I've found light/med darkness work best in my machine)
If baking in a conventional oven or making yeast rolls, set Bread Machine to Bread Dough setting.
- 4near the end of the kneading cycle, check the doughball for proper consistency. The dough should form a solid ball slightly moist to the touch and stick slightly to the sides of bread machine pan but release cleanly when pulled away from side of pan.
- 5If dough ball is too tacky and sticks to sides of pan without releasing cleanly, add 1 tsp flour.
If dough is pasty and not forming a solid ball, add 1 tbsp flour.
If dough ball is dry to touch add 1 tsp water.
If dough ball is dry to touch and bread machine motor is straining to knead it, add 1 tbsp water.
- 6If baking in bread machine, let machine finish and voila! you have a loaf of fluffy, buttery yeast bread. Enjoy!
- 7If baking in a conventional oven or making Yeast Rolls, remove dough ball from bread machine after dough cycle completes.
- 8For bread, roll dough ball slightly to elongate it and place in buttered bread pan.
For rolls, pinch off small chunks of dough and shape into round rolls about 1 1/2 to 1 3/4 inches in diameter (20-24 rolls). Place in neat rows, not quite touching, in a well-buttered 13x9x2 inch pan.
- 9Cover bread or rolls and let rise in a warm place until doubled in bulk, 30 to 40 minutes.
- 10Brush tops of bread or rolls with melted butter or margarine, then bake in a 325 degree oven until nicely browned. (50-60 min bread; 15-20 min rolls)