PLACE INGREDIENTS IN BREAD MACHINE IN THIS ORDER
1 clukewarm water (105º)
1 Tbspolive oil
1/2 cwhole kernel corn, drained
1/4 ccanned diced green chiles, drained
1 largefresh jalapeno pepper, diced
1/2 mediumwhite onion, finely diced
1/4 tsplemon juice
3 cwhite bread flour
1-1/2 Tbspgranulated sugar
3/4 cyellow corn meal
2 tspground cumin
2 tspdry yeast (1 package)
How to Make SOUTH OF THE BORDER BREAD IN MACHINE (SALLYE)
- Measure out canned corn and chiles and drain well. Set aside
Store leftovers in airtight container in fridge for future use.
Dice jalapeno pepper and onion. Set aside
Measure out all other ingredients and arrange on counter for ease of access.
- PLACE INGREDIENTS IN THE BREAD MACHINE PAN IN THE EXACT ORDER AS LISTED IN INGREDIENTS.
- Pour water and oil into bread pan
Add corn, onions, chiles, jalapenos and lemon juice. stir with wooden spoon to blend
- Gently pour flour over liquid,
Make certain flour completely covers liquid.
Add sugar, salt, corn meal and cumin on top of flour
Make a small well in flour/corn meal and pour the yeast into the depression.
- Turn bread machine to basic with medium crust.
Start the machine.
Smell the tantalizing aroma wafting through your house.
This bread is an attention getter at buffets, and tastes pretty darn good too.