NOTE: PLACE INGREDIENTS IN PAN IN ORDER LISTED
1 cwarm milk (105º-110º f)
1 largeegg, slightly beaten
1/4 csour cream, warmed
3 cflour (sifted)
1 tspsea salt
1 Tbspgranulated sugar
1/2 cinstant mashed potato flakes
2 to 3 tspchopped chives
1 pkgactive dry yeast (2-1/2 tsp)
How to Make POTATO & CHIVE BREAD IN MACHINE (SALLYE)
- Sift flour, salt and sugar together and set aside.
All purpose flour will work with this recipe since it is a rustic type bread.
- If using fresh chives, finely chop and set aside
- Warm milk in microwave for 20 seconds.to 105-110º F. If not warm enough, add an additonal 10 seconds. If you don't have a thermometer, sprinkle a few drops on the inside of your wrist; it should be lukewarm (similar to a baby's formula)
CAUTION: DO NOT OVERHEAT OR IT WILL KILL YEAST ACTION.
- Warm cream cheese in microwave for 10 seconds just enough to make it a custardy consistency.
- Pour milk, slightlly beaten egg, and sour cream in the bread machine pan.
- Carefully add flour mixture, making sure to completely cover liquid.
- Add potato flakes and chives to top of flour.
- Make indentation (well) in the flour and place yeast in it.
- Machine settings: Basic or Rapid are both acceptable with Medium dark crust