- 1 c
- warm milk (105º-110º f)
- 1 large
- egg, slightly beaten
- 1/4 c
- sour cream, warmed
- 3 c
- flour (sifted)
- 1 tsp
- sea salt
- 1 Tbsp
- granulated sugar
- 1/2 c
- instant mashed potato flakes
- 2 to 3 tsp
- chopped chives
- 1 pkg
- active dry yeast (2-1/2 tsp)
NOTE: PLACE INGREDIENTS IN PAN IN ORDER LISTED
How to Make POTATO & CHIVE BREAD IN MACHINE (SALLYE)
- 1Sift flour, salt and sugar together and set aside.
All purpose flour will work with this recipe since it is a rustic type bread.
- 2If using fresh chives, finely chop and set aside
- 3Warm milk in microwave for 20 seconds.to 105-110º F. If not warm enough, add an additonal 10 seconds. If you don't have a thermometer, sprinkle a few drops on the inside of your wrist; it should be lukewarm (similar to a baby's formula)
CAUTION: DO NOT OVERHEAT OR IT WILL KILL YEAST ACTION.
- 4Warm cream cheese in microwave for 10 seconds just enough to make it a custardy consistency.
- 5Pour milk, slightlly beaten egg, and sour cream in the bread machine pan.
- 6Carefully add flour mixture, making sure to completely cover liquid.
- 7Add potato flakes and chives to top of flour.
- 8Make indentation (well) in the flour and place yeast in it.
- 9Machine settings: Basic or Rapid are both acceptable with Medium dark crust