My Version of Amy's Roasted Veggie Pizza
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- can pillsbury classic pizza dough
- large onions, chopped
- 1 Tbsp
- brown sugar
- 1 tsp
- sea salt
- 1/4 tsp
- fresh ground pepper
- 1/4 c
- 1 c
- sliced mushooms of your choice
- red bell pepper, roasted, diced
- 1/2 c
- drained marinated artichoke hearts
- 1/2 c
- chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tsp
- garlic powder
- 6 Tbsp
- olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
How to Make My Version of Amy's Roasted Veggie Pizza
- 1Roast your pepper! Place pepper in toaster over, or hold over flame and char the pepper skin until it is black all over. Place in a bowl and cover with cling film. Let steam for about 10 minutes. After steamed, rinse pepper under cold water and peel off skin and seeds. Dry pepper with paper towel, and chop pieces into dice size.
- 2Meanwhile, make your sweet onion sauce! Chop the onions and add to pan in hot olive oil. Add S&P and brown sugar and caramelize until brown, about 15 to 20 minutes. Halfway through, add water to de-glaze pan if bottom of pan gets too dark. Cook until onions are very soft and water is full cooked out.
- 3Put onion mixture in food processor and blend into a puree. Set aside. Depending on how much you like on your pizza, you may have extra. Refrigerate and use on sandwiches! Yum!
- 4Rinse and dry pan, and heat about 2-3 T of olive oil. Add sliced mushrooms and saute until browned. Set aside.
- 5Drain artichokes and chop into smaller pieces.
- 6Roll out pizza dough according to Pillsbury instructions on baking sheet.
- 7Assemble your pizza. Start by spreading sweet onion sauce on dough. Then add cooked mushrooms, diced roasted peppers, artichoke hearts, and sprinkle chopped cilantro on top. Lightly sprinkle 1 tsp. of garlic powder over pizza and bake about 20 minutes until crust is browned and toppings are bubbly!
- 8Season pizza again with a little S&P. Let pizza rest about 2-3 minutes to set a little before slicing.