GARLIC DINNER ROLLS
1 cwater, warm
1 pkg(or 2 t.) active dry yeast
1 tspgarlic powder
1 largeegg white
4 call purpose flour
1/2 cwhole wheat flour
BRUSH ON BUTTER TOPPING
2 Tbspbutter, melted
1/2 tspparsley, dried
1 pinchgarlic powder
How to Make GARLIC DINNER-KNOTT-ROLLS
- Combine water, salt, sugar, garlic powder in mixing bowl. Sprinkle yeast across top and allow to stand for 10 minutes.
- 1 egg + 1 egg white - slightly beaten in small bowl and sit aside for the 10 minutes or allow your eggs to become room temperature before beginning. The colder your eggs the more you need a warm space to rise later when mixed.
- Place 4 cups all purpose flour on top of the dissolved yeast. Make a well in the flour and pour the beaten egg mixture. I then take a large paddle shaped spoon and stir the mixture until it comes together and able to knead.
- I knead my bread right within the bowl I've been mixing using a larger bowl to begin with. (You can knead the traditional way I've just found this less of a mess.) Adding 1 Tablespoon of flour at a time knead the dough until uniform (elastic like stage). Not too dry but to the point you can turn it without the dough sticking to your surface.
- Lightly grease your bowl, turning the dough ensuring it is greased. Cover with a clean towel and allow to rise. I turn my oven on "warm" for a few minutes and then turn it off sitting the covered bowl inside the closed oven. Let rise until double.
- Grease 12 cups/muffin pan(s) and sit aside. Take your dough and punch it down. Do not knead additional flour but begin twisting off hand-full portions pulling them into lengths and tying into a knot. Place knotted dough into individual muffin cups.
- Oven will remain warm from the first rise - place your pans into that warmed oven and allow to rise until doubled. Pull out the pans when ready to be baked.
- Prepare the garlic butter topping: set aside and brush on top after baking the rolls.
- Now turn the oven back on to 350 degrees. After preheated bake for 10-12 minutes. (My oven and darker pans took only 10 minutes) Remove rolls and brush with garlic butter topping. Replace into oven and allow to bake another 2 minutes.
- Remove from muffin tins onto wire rack and enjoy.