Delicious Date Loaf -Connie's
2 call purpose flour-sifted
1 tspbaking powder
1 cbrown sugar, firmly packed
1/2 tspbaking soda
1 lbpitted dates, chopped
1/2 cpecans, chopped
1 cheavy cream, whipped or spread with some good butter
How to Make Delicious Date Loaf -Connie's
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line the bottom of a 9x5x3 inch loaf pan with waxed paper.
- Sift flour, baking powder and salt together.
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter with brown sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add beaten eggs to creamed mixture.
- Dissolve soda in milk.
- Add soda mixture and vanilla to creamed mixture.
- Add chopped dates and nuts to FLOUR mixture.
- Stir flour, date and nut mixture into creamed ingredients. Mix well.
- Pour batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake 50-60 minutes or until done.
- Cool in pan 5 minutes.
- Remove from pan and cool thoroughly on wire rack.
- Once cooled, slice loaf and serve with whipped cream or butter.