Bread and Butter Pickle Bread
This is a great tasting bread and will be great for making sandwiches, or as toast, great for grilled cheese sandwiches, or pizza crust too! I think you will like this bread as much as my family- give it try - it's quick and easy...
Try this one too!
Bread made with Beet Juice
- 1/4 c
- bread and butter pickle juice
- 3/4 c
- 2 Tbsp
- granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 Tbsp
- crisco solid shortening
- 1/4 c
- very warm water
- 1 pkg
- active dry yeast
- 3 2/3 c
- all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp
- celery salt
- 1/2 tsp
- onion powder
- 1 tsp
- each ground mustard,turmeric,and garlic powder
How to Make Bread and Butter Pickle Bread
- 1Add shortening, sugar,pickle juice and 3/4 cup of water to a small saucepan and heat to melt and dissolve sugar. Remove from heat and let cool.
- 2To the 1/4 cup of very warm, but not hot water sprinkle the yeast over and let set until it blooms.(dissolves and puffs up).
In a large bowl add half the flour, and remaining dry spices; mix to blend into flour.
- 3When the shortening mixture has cooled to the touch add to the flour mixture along with the yeast mixture. Beat until smooth, add remaining flour and mix well. Knead on a lightly floured surface about 5 minutes.
- 4Place in an oiled bowl;(turning dough so top is oiled too) in a warm place to rise to double in bulk, about 2 hours.Then shape into a loaf, place in greased loaf pan;oil top of loaf- and let rise again ,until double in bulk. Bake in preheated 375^ oven for 15 minutes.
Now reduce heat to 350^ and bake about 45 minutes more, until golden on top. Remove and cool on wire rack. Butter top and all sides. Cool before cutting...enjoy... try the beet bread too...