POTATO BREAD IN MACHINE (SALLYE)
For variety, you can add a pinch of various herbs such as dill, thyme, rosemary, but it's really good just plain.
- 1 medium
- russet potato( or 2 small yukon gold)
- 1/2 c
- potato water
- 1/4 c
- oil (or melted butter)
- 1/3 c
- granulated sugar
- 1 tsp
- 1 large
- milk as required
- 3 c
- all purpose flour, sifted
- 1 pkg
- rapid rise yeast (2-1/4 tsp)
How to Make POTATO BREAD IN MACHINE (SALLYE)
Peel and cube potato, boil in 1 cup of water until very tender. Remove from heat and mash using 1/2 cup of potato water, set aside
Sift flour, sugar and salt together and set aside
Lightly whisk egg and add enough milk to make 1 cup liquid. Set aside.
- 2PLACE INGREDIENTS IN BREAD PAN IN THIS EXACT ORDER:
Flour mixture - making sure flour completely covers liquid and potatoes
Make small depression in middle of flour and place yeast in it.
- 3Turn bread machine on to basic or rapid cycle with medium dark crust.
Press start and enjoy the great smell of baking bread.