- 1 1/2 c
- warm water (about 110 degrees)
- 3/4 Tbsp
- active dry yeast
- 4 c
- flour (i used 3 cups unbleached white four and 1 cup whole wheat flour)
- 1/2 Tbsp
- 1/4 c
- pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 c
- 1/4 c
- 2 Tbsp
- rolled oats, for garnish
How to Make Muesli Bread
- 1Attach the DOUGH HOOK to your stand up mixer.
- 2Combine the warm water and yeast in the metal bowl. Stir. Let sit for about 5 minutes or until the yeast starts to bubble a little.
- 3Add the flour and salt. KNEAD for approximately 4 minutes. If the dough is too sticky add a little more flour. KNEAD until the dough is smooth.
- 4Grease a bowl, cover dough and place in the refrigerator for 2 1/2-3 hours.
- 5Place parchment paper on a heavy duty cast iron pan (I used my Lodge cast iron griddle). Place the dough on a floured surface. KNEAD a few times. Now incorporate the raisins, nuts and seeds into the dough. To avoid the raisins and nuts burning on the surface, push them closer to the inside of the dough ball. Form into a round loaf. Scatter the rolled oats on the top of the ball-pushing the rolled oats in gently with the palm of your hand. Lightly sprinkle some flour over the top.
- 6Transfer the loaf to the parchment lined pan and allow to rise in a warm oven for about 30 minutes.
- 7PREHEAT oven to 450 degrees. Once the oven has come to temperature, place an ovenproof pan of boiling water on the bottom rack. Bake the bread on the middle rack for approximately 35 minutes or until the top is a deep golden brown. Remove from the oven and place the loaf on a wire rack to cool.
We served our slices with a choice of homemade orange marmalade, peanut butter, cow's butter, coconut butter and local honey.