Milk Sandwich Bread
How to Make Milk Sandwich Bread
- For bread machine, add ingredients in order recommended by manufacturer. Set for medium loaf and bake.
- For traditional oven: Heat milk and butter in microwave on high for 30 seconds. Butter should just be melting. Stir and add sugar and yeast. Set aside for 5 minutes to activate yeast.
- Combine flour and salt in large bowl of mixer. Start mixer, with dough attachment on at low speed and slowly pour in milk mixture. Mix for 5 minutes until dough is smooth and comes away easily from sides of bowl.
- Shape dough into a ball. Leave in mixer bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Set in warm place to rise until doubled in volume.
- Shape dough and place in lightly greased loaf pan. Allow to rise a second time. Bake at 350 degrees for approximately 35 minutes. Dough should sound hollow when tapped on bottom.
- Turn out from pan and allow to cool slightly before trying to slice. Slather with butter or other preferred toppings and enjoy.