1 cyellow corn meal
1/3 call purpose flour
2 Tbspcorn oil
1 Tbspsugar or splenda
1/2 tspbaking powder
1 1/2 Tbspdiced red bell pepper
1 1/2 Tbspchopped, pickled jalapenos
1 1/2 Tbspwhole kernel corn
How to Make Mexican Cornbread
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In a large bowl, ahisk together milk, buttermilk, oil, egg sugar, salt and baking powder.
- Add cornmeal and flour. Mix well.
- Stir in corn, jalapenos and bell pepper.
- Pour into a greased baking pan or greased cast iron skillet.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until done.