Little Bit Like Sourdough Bread
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1 cplus 2 tablespoons warm water
1 Tbspplus 1 teaspoon olive oil
1 Tbspplus 1 teaspoon honey
3 cbread (tina's fav) or all purpose flour
1/4 cbob's red mill 100% stone ground whole wheat flour (tina's fav but any wheat will work)
1 Tbspking author (the best but other brands are ok) buttermilk powder
2 1/4 tspactive dry yeast
How to Make Little Bit Like Sourdough Bread
- Place ingredients in bread machine according to order listed. MY WAY: I set it on dough mode (makes the loaf and completes the first rise)
You can set on French or Italian mode and let the machine bake it (original recipe)
- Once the dough mode in the Bread Machine is done I knead, shape, rise the dough again (20 Mins... Preheat oven after 10 Mins rise time), cut slit on top and bake in a 375 degree oven for around 20 min. Give or Take a few minutes.
Around 15 minutes pay close attention.
How do you know when it is done?
1. Is it Golden Brown in Color?
2. CAREFUL HOT USE CLEAN TOWEL TO HOLD LOAF: Remove loaf from the pan and then you tap the bottom of loaf with your fingers. Do you hear a hollow sound?
...Remove from the pan and cool once done.
- Note: The 1/4 Cup of wheat can also change to what ever your heart desires! I have used barley, rye, pumpernickle, oats (put in food processor until flour), and more! Variety is the spice of life so change it up!