☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
4 csifted all purpose flour
4 tspbaking powder
1 tspbaking soda
8 ozseedless raisins
1 csour cream
1 cwhole milk
How to Make Joan's Irish Soda Bread
- While not necessary an electric mixer with a dough handle is easier than doing the mixing by hand.
- Mix the four eggs well.
- Add the milk, eggs, and sour cream to the mixer bowl and mix well on low speed.
- Fold in the baking soda, baking powder, sugar and raisins and continue to mix until well mixed.
- Fold the flour in to the mixing bowl about a cup at a time until all flour is well mixed into the batter. Dough will be sticky.
- Move the batter to a greased and floured 13x9 pan. Spread evenly in the pan.
- Bake at 350 F for about 60 minutes or until a knife stuck into the center of the loaf comes out clean.
- Allow to cool for at least 10 minutes before removing from the pan. Slice and serve plain or with butter, marmalade or your choice of topping.