Irish Brown Bread
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
3 cwheat flour
1 coats, regular
1 tspbaking soda
1 tspbaking powder
3 Tbspdark brown sugar
1/4 cvegetable oil
1 3/4 cbuttermilk
How to Make Irish Brown Bread
- In a large bowl, combine flour, oats, baking soda, baking powder, sugar and salt.
- In a separate bowl, mix together egg, oil, and buttermilk.
- Make well in the center of flour. Using a fork, gradually mix in liquid ingredients.
- When the dough leaves the sides of the bowl and can be shaped into a loaf, turn onto a lightly floured surface. Knead lightly for about 5 minutes.
- Divide ball in half. Put each half into lightly greased 8 inch round pan. Cut an X across whole top of dough with a sharp knife.
- Bake in preheated 400°F oven for 30 minutes until crust is light golden brown, and loaf sounds hollow when tapped