Homemade Pizza Dough
How to Make Homemade Pizza Dough
- 1In a large bowl, stir together the yeast & warm water, add honey and set aside for 10 minutes.
- 2Meanwhile in a glass measuring cup, combine the cold water, oil and salt. Add the cold water mixture to the yeast and stir in flour.
- 3Knead the dough on a lightly floured board until smooth and elastic.
- 4Put the dough in a lightly greased bowl and turn to coat. Let the dough rise, covered loosely with plastic food wrap in a warm, draft free place for 1 hour.
- 5Makes enough dough for 1 (14-inch) pizza about 10 slices.
- 6Roll out to desired thickness and place on a lightly greased pizza pan or screen and bake in a 425 degree oven for 10-15 minutes or until crust is lightly golden.
- 7Bake times may vary depending on the size and amount of toppings on pizza.