Garlic Bread Sticks
- 1 package of active dry yeast
- 1 teaspoons salt
- 1 ½ teaspoons garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 cup hot water (hot to the touch from the tap)
- 3 tablespoons powdered milk
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons butter,melted
- garlic bread sprinkle
How to Make Garlic Bread Sticks
- 1Grease a small mixing bowl and set aside.
- 2In a large mixing bowl, add the yeast, salt, sugar, garlic powder, basil, oil, and hot water. With a mixer, mix for 2 minutes.
- 3Add 1 cup of flour and 3 Tablespoons of powdered milk. Mix for another 2 more minutes. Stir in the rest of the flour and stir until combined.
- 4Remove the dough from the bowl out onto a lightly floured surface. Knead the dough for 10 minutes until smooth and elastic. You may need to sprinkle a little flour on your dough or counter top if the dough is too sticky.
- 5Place the dough in the greased bowl; flip the dough over so greased side is up. Cover dough loosely with a piece of plastic wrap. Let it rise until double in a warm place; 45-60 minutes.
- 6Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- 7Dust a work surface lightly with flour.
- 8After the dough has risen, cut 15 pieces of dough and roll the pieces into 8 inch sticks.
- 9Place bread sticks on the parchment paper lined cookie sheets, and reshape them a bit more to keep them straight and even. Cover with towel and let rest for another 15 minutes.
- 10Bake for approximately 18 minutes.
- 11Remove from oven and brush generously with melted butter and sprinkle with Garlic Bread Sprinkle.