Garlic Bread Sticks
·1 package of active dry yeast
·1 teaspoons salt
·1 ½ teaspoons garlic powder
·½ teaspoon dried basil
·2 tablespoons sugar
·2 tablespoons oil
·1 cup hot water (hot to the touch from the tap)
·3 tablespoons powdered milk
·3 cups all-purpose flour
·3 tablespoons butter,melted
·garlic bread sprinkle
How to Make Garlic Bread Sticks
- Grease a small mixing bowl and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the yeast, salt, sugar, garlic powder, basil, oil, and hot water. With a mixer, mix for 2 minutes.
- Add 1 cup of flour and 3 Tablespoons of powdered milk. Mix for another 2 more minutes. Stir in the rest of the flour and stir until combined.
- Remove the dough from the bowl out onto a lightly floured surface. Knead the dough for 10 minutes until smooth and elastic. You may need to sprinkle a little flour on your dough or counter top if the dough is too sticky.
- Place the dough in the greased bowl; flip the dough over so greased side is up. Cover dough loosely with a piece of plastic wrap. Let it rise until double in a warm place; 45-60 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Dust a work surface lightly with flour.
- After the dough has risen, cut 15 pieces of dough and roll the pieces into 8 inch sticks.
- Place bread sticks on the parchment paper lined cookie sheets, and reshape them a bit more to keep them straight and even. Cover with towel and let rest for another 15 minutes.
- Bake for approximately 18 minutes.
- Remove from oven and brush generously with melted butter and sprinkle with Garlic Bread Sprinkle.