I got this very simple but super flavorful recipe from our favorite Italian restaurant while living in Redondo Beach in So Cal. There was always a waiting line whether it was for take out or dine in. It has become a favorite and mandatory request from family and friends at all gatherings and the only garlic bread I am allowed to make.
This makes a great base for an unbelievably delicious bruschetta or topped with a meaty marinara sauce for dinner the next night or even tonight.
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 1 loaf
- french bread, preferably sourdough
- 1 c
- buttery flavored soft spread margarine, not butter or olive oil.
- 1 c
- grated parmesan cheese
- 4 to 6 large
- garlic cloves pressed or run through a rasp
- 2 Tbsp
- packed coaesley chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1/4 tsp
- salt, preferably kosher
How to Make Garlic Bread
- 1Slice loaf of Sourdough French bread in half and set aside
- 2In a bowl mix remaining ingredients together and divide evenly to cut sides of bread and spread to cover.
- 3Put under the broiler for about 3 minutes until spread bubbles and turns golden brown. Keep your eyes on it as it will burn very easily.
- 4Remove from oven and slice into desired sized pieces.