Easy Soft Bread
How to Make Easy Soft Bread
- in a bowl put the warm water, yeast, sugar, gently stir..cover and set aside about 5 mins until frothy film forms on top...which means the yeast is activated.
- add the flour, salt, and shortening...mix well, until dough form...if too sticky add in more flour, little at a time...when you form a ball and the sides of the bowl is clean from flour, take the dough out and place the tablespoon of oil on the bottom of the bowl and put back the formed ball of dough.
- cover with a damp kitchen towel and place in a warm, dark place..I put in oven ( of course with oven not on)..wait an hour till it doubles in size.
- now you are ready to "punch" down the dough...on a floured surface knead the dough good 5 mins...
- divide the dough into 2 balls...shape any way you like, I made loaves...you can shape into breadsticks, rolls etc.
- put on a cookie sheet and cover again for another 30 mins....easy trick= take a clean shoe lace and run under water and place in the middle of loaf before putting in oven...this will create the dent on the bread.
- damp the top of the bread with water using brush, bake at 350 degrees for 30 mins....then brush the top with an egg wash and bake another 30 mins or until golden brown on top.