Chocolate Banana Bread
1/2cup butter, softened
1teaspoon vanilla extract
3ripe bananas, mashed
1/4cup baking cocoa (*see note)
1/2teaspoon baking soda
1-1/2teaspoons baking powder
1/2cup chopped pecans (or walnuts)
How to Make Chocolate Banana Bread
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- Grease one 9x5-inch loaf pan.
- Combine butter, sugar, eggs, and vanilla extract in a bowl. With an electric mixer, beat ingredients on medium speed until moistened.
- Add the mashed bananas and milk, beat on low to blend.
- Add the flour, baking cocoa, salt, baking soda, and baking powder. Beat on low until flour mixture is moistened.
- Use a spoon to fold in the pecans (or walnuts).
- Pour batter into the loaf pan.
- Bake on center rack 55-60 minutes. (I baked mine for 55 minutes.)
- Once the bread is done baking, remove from oven, and let bread stand in baking pan on a wire rack for 55 minutes, to let it cool.
- Run a butter knife around the inside of the pan, then flip the pan over to release the bread from the pan.
- Cool bread completely before cutting into slices. Serve bread.
- *Note: When it came to adding the baking cocoa, I used Hershey's Special Dark Cocoa, which gave the bread a nice chocolate flavor.