Chocolate Banana Bread
- cup butter, softened
- cup sugar
- teaspoon vanilla extract
- ripe bananas, mashed
- cup milk
- cups flour
- cup baking cocoa (*see note)
- teaspoon salt
- teaspoon baking soda
- teaspoons baking powder
- cup chopped pecans (or walnuts)
How to Make Chocolate Banana Bread
- 1Preheat oven to 350º.
- 2Grease one 9x5-inch loaf pan.
- 3Combine butter, sugar, eggs, and vanilla extract in a bowl. With an electric mixer, beat ingredients on medium speed until moistened.
- 4Add the mashed bananas and milk, beat on low to blend.
- 5Add the flour, baking cocoa, salt, baking soda, and baking powder. Beat on low until flour mixture is moistened.
- 6Use a spoon to fold in the pecans (or walnuts).
- 7Pour batter into the loaf pan.
- 8Bake on center rack 55-60 minutes. (I baked mine for 55 minutes.)
- 9Once the bread is done baking, remove from oven, and let bread stand in baking pan on a wire rack for 55 minutes, to let it cool.
- 10Run a butter knife around the inside of the pan, then flip the pan over to release the bread from the pan.
- 11Cool bread completely before cutting into slices. Serve bread.
- 12*Note: When it came to adding the baking cocoa, I used Hershey's Special Dark Cocoa, which gave the bread a nice chocolate flavor.