3 cunbleached white flour (read note in step #1)
1 Tbspbaking powder
1/4 csolid coconut oil, lard or butter (i used the former)
1/2 ccoconut flour
How to Make Belizean Tortillas with Coconut Flour
- Note: I replaced about 1 cup of the unbleached flour with cornmeal for the second test. Either version is good.
Place all ingredients in a food processor, stand up mixer (with DOUGH HOOK attachment) or mixing bowl. Add enough water to moisten.
- KNEAD until dough ball forms and is not sticky, adding more flour if necessary.
- Cut dough into 12 pieces and form into balls. Set aside on a floured surface and let rest for 15 minutes.
- On a floured rolling pin or a parchment-lined or wax paper-lined tortilla press, roll each dough piece to about 1/2" thickness.
- Cook the tortillas on a cast iron griddle or comal on medium-low heat 3-4 minutes on each side.