Banana Foster Bread
4medium ripe bananas, mashed (approx. 1-2/3 cup
1/2 ccoconut oil, melted
3 Tbspplain yogurt
1 tsprum extract
2 call-purpose flour
1 tspbaking powder
4 Tbspunsalted butter (1/2 stick)
1/2 cdark brown sugar
1/4 cspiced rum
1 tsporange zest
Optvanilla ice cream, for serving
How to Make Banana Foster Bread
- Preheat oven to 350.
Spray 9x4" loaf pan with cooking spray.
- Combine bananas, eggs, sugar, coconut oil, yogurt, and rum and vanilla extracts in a bowl.
- In another, larger bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients.
Pour the wet ingredients into the well, and stir until the flour is incorporated and the batter is smooth.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan.
Bake 60 minutes (approx.) until golden brown and a skewer inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean.
Remove from the oven and set aside.
- Prepare the glaze:
Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat.
Add the brown sugar and 1/2 water; stir.
Cook until sugar dissolves, and then continue to cook another 3-5 minutes over low heat until the mixture bubbles around the edges.
Turn off the heat and carefully (in case of FLAMES) stir in the rum and orange zest.
- Slowly pour half of the glaze on the bread, allowing it to seep into all the surfaces. Wait until the glaze has been absorbed (about 30 minutes) and then turn the loaf out of the pan.
- Slice and serve with vanilla ice cream, or any remaining glaze.