☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
4 1/2 call purpose flour
1 pkgactive dry yeast
1 1/2 cwater, warm 110 degrees
1/4 cbacon bits
1/2 cgrated cheese of your choice
How to Make Bagels
- In a large bowl, combine 1 1/2 cups flour, yeast and water
- Mix the rest of the flour with 3 tbsp. sugar and salt
- Using a mixer with dough hooks beat for 1.5 minutes at low speed,scraping sides of the bowl clean. Beat at higher speed for 3 more minutes
- Now hand mix enough flour to make a moderately stiff dough.
- Turn out onto a lightly floured surface and knead until smooth and elastic 8-10 min, cover and let rise 15 min.
- Cut into 12 equal portions, shape into smooth balls. poke a hole in the center with your finger, gently working the whole bigger while making a uniform shape.
- Cover and let rise for 20 min. Meanwhile, start a gallon of water boiling putting the remaining 1 tbsp of sugar in the water. mix around a bit to reduce to simmering.
- Put 4-5 in at a time, cook for 7 minutes turning once. Remove from water and drain.
- Place on greased baking sheet and bake at 375 for 30-35 minutes. Remove from pan and eat hot or cold.