- 8 -10 slices bacon cooked and chopped (2 cups)
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1/4 cup diced jalapeno (1 large ans seeded)
- 2 cups mild cheddar cheese
- 12 oz buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
How to Make Bacon jalapeno popper cheesy bread
- 1Preheat oven 350
Spray 9 by 5 loaf pan with non stick spray.
In a large bowl combine cream cheese, jalapeno, bacon and cheese. Stir to combine.
In another bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt and sugar. Whisk to combine. (Or use mixer, just do not over mix)
Add cream cheese mixture, 1 tablespoon oil and buttermilk just until combined. Don't over mix.
- 2Pour into loaf pan.
Bake 45 to 50 minutes, until top is browned.
Place on wire rack wait 5 minutes till cooled before removing.
- 3Serve warm or room temperature.