Apple Nut Bread
★★★★★ 1 vote5
11/2 tspbaking powder
1/2 tspbaking soda
1 1/2 tspcinnamon
2 cchopped apples
1/2 cchopped walnuts
2 Tbspshredded coconut (optional)
How to Make Apple Nut Bread
- Sift together dry ingredients. Set aside.
- Combine eggs, sugar, oil, milk and vanilla in a large bowl.
- Add flour mixture; mix gently.
- Fold in apples, nuts and coconut.
- Spoon into lightly greased 9 X 5 inch pan.
Sprinkle top with 3 tbsps. sugar and 1 tsp. cinnamon, which have been mixed together.
- Bake 60 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Cool in pan on wire rack 10 minutes.
Remove from pan and cool completely on rack.
- Mix by hand to avoid overmixing and to insure a tender, moist loaf.