Yummy high fiber muffins (chocolate included)
Lisa, Mason's Mom
- organic, when possible
- 1 1/2 c
- ground flax meal (156g)
- 1 1/2 c
- whole wheat flour (204g)
- 1 1/2 Tbsp
- baking powder, non aluminum
- 1 1/2 tsp
- baking soda
- 1/2 tsp
- 1 Tbsp
- 2 1/2 c
- kefir, plain, lowfat
- 3/4 c
- turbinado sugar
- 1/2 Tbsp
- pure vanilla extract
- 1 c
- mini chocolate chips (semi-sweet is best)
- 1/4 c
- coconut oil
How to Make Yummy high fiber muffins (chocolate included)
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- 2Line cupcake pans for 30 cupcake size muffins.
- 3Mix the first six ingredients in a large bowl (all the dry, without the sugar). Set aside.
- 4In small pan melt coconut oil. Set aside.
- 5In separate medium sized bowl, beat egg until fluffy.
- 6Add kefir, turbinado sugar, vanilla to eggs. Mix well.
- 7Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients. Mix well.
- 8Add coconut oil and stir quickly so it mixes and does not solidify.
- 9Add chocolate chips. Stir.
- 10Measure 1/4 of batter per cupcake paper.
- 11Bake 25 minutes. Toothpick comes out clean unless you hit a chocolate chip.
- 12These muffins need to “sleep” one day before they are good. So make sure you make them one day before you need them. They keep in the refrigerator for up to two weeks in an airtight container.