Yummy high fiber muffins (chocolate included)
Lisa, Mason's Mom
·organic, when possible
1 1/2 cground flax meal (156g)
1 1/2 cwhole wheat flour (204g)
1 1/2 Tbspbaking powder, non aluminum
1 1/2 tspbaking soda
2 1/2 ckefir, plain, lowfat
3/4 cturbinado sugar
1/2 Tbsppure vanilla extract
1 cmini chocolate chips (semi-sweet is best)
1/4 ccoconut oil
How to Make Yummy high fiber muffins (chocolate included)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Line cupcake pans for 30 cupcake size muffins.
- Mix the first six ingredients in a large bowl (all the dry, without the sugar). Set aside.
- In small pan melt coconut oil. Set aside.
- In separate medium sized bowl, beat egg until fluffy.
- Add kefir, turbinado sugar, vanilla to eggs. Mix well.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients. Mix well.
- Add coconut oil and stir quickly so it mixes and does not solidify.
- Add chocolate chips. Stir.
- Measure 1/4 of batter per cupcake paper.
- Bake 25 minutes. Toothpick comes out clean unless you hit a chocolate chip.
- These muffins need to “sleep” one day before they are good. So make sure you make them one day before you need them. They keep in the refrigerator for up to two weeks in an airtight container.