Honey Corn Muffins
Catherine Cappiello Pappas
- 5 tablespoons of butter or margarine
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar – plus more for the tops of the corn muffins
- ¾ tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sour milk – milk plus 1 tsp. white vinegar and let sit for 5 minutes
- golden blossom honey for drizzling
How to Make Honey Corn Muffins
- 1Preheat Oven 350 degrees:
Place all of the dry ingredients in a bowl and mix; add the butter and crumble with your fingers into bits.
Gently beat the eggs with the sour milk and add to the dry ingredients while slowly stirring.
Fill prepared muffin tins ¾ of the way and sprinkle the tops of the muffins with sugar.
Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the toothpick test comes out clean.
Let cool for a few minutes and gently remove from the tins.
Serve with Golden Blossom Honey drizzled over the muffin.