Chocolate, Chocolate chip Muffins
·½ cup granulated sugar, plus 2 tablespoons
·2/3 cup crisco
·1 teaspoon vanilla
·1 cup all-purpose flour
·¼ cup of cocoa
·½ cup whole milk
·¼ teaspoon salt
·½ cup of semi-sweet mini chocolate chips
·1 teaspoon flour
·1/4 cup mini chocolate chips for sprinkling
·2 tablespoons powdered sugar, optional
·1 teaspoon cocoa, optional
How to Make Chocolate, Chocolate chip Muffins
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Grease and flour a jumbo muffin pan (6 muffins), or line with large paper liners to pan.
- In a mixing bowl, beat Crisco and sugar until fluffy.
- Beat in the egg and vanilla.
- Sift the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt into the butter-sugar mixture. Mix on low speed while adding the milk. Scrape sides of the bowl and mix thoroughly.
- In a small bowl, add the teaspoon of flour and toss with the chocolate chips to coat; fold into the mixture.
- Sprinkle a few mini chips over the tops of muffin batter.
- Bake for 25 minutes. Remove from oven and cool completely on wire racks.
- (Optional: Mix together cocoa and powder sugar and sift mixture over muffins after they have cooled.