Chocolate, Chocolate chip Muffins
- ½ cup granulated sugar, plus 2 tablespoons
- 2/3 cup crisco
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup of cocoa
- ½ cup whole milk
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup of semi-sweet mini chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon flour
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips for sprinkling
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar, optional
- 1 teaspoon cocoa, optional
How to Make Chocolate, Chocolate chip Muffins
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- 2Grease and flour a jumbo muffin pan (6 muffins), or line with large paper liners to pan.
- 3In a mixing bowl, beat Crisco and sugar until fluffy.
- 4Beat in the egg and vanilla.
- 5Sift the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt into the butter-sugar mixture. Mix on low speed while adding the milk. Scrape sides of the bowl and mix thoroughly.
- 6In a small bowl, add the teaspoon of flour and toss with the chocolate chips to coat; fold into the mixture.
- 7Sprinkle a few mini chips over the tops of muffin batter.
- 8Bake for 25 minutes. Remove from oven and cool completely on wire racks.
- 9(Optional: Mix together cocoa and powder sugar and sift mixture over muffins after they have cooled.