Carrot Oatmeal Muffins
1 1/2 cflour
1 coats, quick cooking
1 Tbspbaking powder
1/2 tspbaking soda
1/2 cbrown sugar
3/4 cfinely shredded carrots, packed
1/2 cgolden raisins
5 Tbspbutter, melted
How to Make Carrot Oatmeal Muffins
- Preheat oven to 375*.
Prepare a 12-cup muffin pan with food release spray. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the flour and oats.
Sprinkle in the baking powder, baking soda, and spices. Mix thoroughly.
- Stir in the brown sugar, mixing until well blended.
- Shred the carrots -- a fine shred is best.
Add the shredded carrots and the raisins to the bowl. Mix thoroughly.
- In a separate small bowl, combine the milk, beaten egg, melted butter, and vanilla. Stir to combine thoroughly.
- Add the liquid ingredients to the dry ingredients. Stir gently, just until combined.
- Fill the muffin cups 3/4 full.
Bake at 375* for 20-25 minutes, or until it passes the toothpick test.
- Allow the muffins to cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes.
Slide the blade of a knife around the edge of the cups to loosen the muffins, and gently pry them out.
Cool completely on a wire rack.
1) I recommend a DeMarle muffin pan!
2) If you don't have cardamom, just use all cinnamon.
3) You can use regular raisins if you don't have golden.