How to Make Old Timey Butter Roll Dessert
- 1Cut shortening into flour really well with a fork.Stir in milk
- 2On a floured surface,dump out dough and press together with your hands to form a ball.
- 3Roll out into a rectangle (about 7x10 in size). Spread softened butter over dough and then sprinkle 1/4 cup and cinnamon on top.Roll it up like a jelly roll and press it together lightly.
- 4Cut into slices about inch thick each. Place into a lightly greased 8x8 baking dish.
- 5In medium sauce pot,combine all milk sauce ingredients. Heat over medium heat,stirring constantly,until mixture begins to bubble lightly. Pour over rolls in pan.
- 6Bake at 350* for 30-40 minutes,or until rolls are lightly browned on top