Neiman Marcus Cheddar Cheese Biscuits
How to Make Neiman Marcus Cheddar Cheese Biscuits
- 1Whisk together first 3 ingredients in a large bowl. Cut in shortening with a pastry blender until mixture resembles small peas and dough is crumbly. Stir in cheese. Add buttermilk, stirring just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- 2Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface; knead 3 to 4 times. Place dough in a bowl, cover and chill 1 hour.
- 3Preheat over to 350 degrees. Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface. Pat or roll dough to 1 inch thickness; cut with a 1 1/2 inch round cutter and place on parchment paper lined baking sheets.
- 4Bake at 350 degrees for 20 to 22 minutes or until golden brown.
- 5You can stir in one of the following flavor combos with the Cheddar Cheese and prepare the above recipe as directed.
1/2 cup freshly grated Asiago cheese and 2 tsp. minced fresh rosemary.
1/3 cup finely chopped sweetened dried cranberries and toasted pecans.
1/2 cup finely chopped cooked bacon and 1/4 cup minced green onion.
1/2 cup finely shopped baked ham and 1/3 cup finely chopped pimiento-stuffed green olives.